2016年4月4日 星期一

[ 英語發燒句 ] Part-30

163. "搬石頭砸自己的腳" 
A. Why did Jim yell at the sales manager?
B. I don't know, but I think he shot himself in the foot. I doubt he'll get a raise this year.


164. "別自以為是" 
A. I'm going to play the guitar in the talent show, and I'm sure I'm going to win.
B. Oh, get over yourself! You only started learning guitar a few months ago.


165. "當場愣住" 
A. What happened when you confronted Jane about telling lie?
B. She froze like a deer caught in the headlights.


166. "笑死我了" 
A. Did you hear about Tom getting locked inside the bathroom stall?
B. Yeah, it really cracked me up. He was stuck in there for half a hour!

Note. 動詞 crack 意為 "使爆炸; 發出爆炸聲", crack up 可做及物或不及物用, crack sb up 意為使某人突然大笑. 


167. "他太過分了!" 
A. Martin said you are the one who broke the Xerox machine this morning.
B. He was way out of line! I don't even touch it.



Note. out of line 字面意思為 "超出界線", 副詞 way 表示 "過於; 非常", 故 way out of line 就是 "非常過分" 的意思. 

168. "忍著點" 
A. My boss keeps giving me extra work.
B. Suck it up. You're going to be up for a promotion soon.



沒有留言:

張貼留言

[Git 常見問題] error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge

  Source From  Here 方案1: // x -----删除忽略文件已经对 git 来说不识别的文件 // d -----删除未被添加到 git 的路径中的文件 // f -----强制运行 #   git clean -d -fx 方案2: 今天在服务器上  gi...